Hello Lovely Ladies,
I hope that you and your family are in good health and happiness.
Many of us will be in a determined mood during this time of the year, looking back at what we’ve achieved over the previous twelve months. We’ve had a very happy year at Shoes by Shaherazad, thanks to you, our empowered customers, and our partnership with GlobalGiving UK:
- Your purchases of #18hourheels and shoellery mean that we were able to support 500 women and girls in four of the world’s poorest countries to gain valuable education, giving them essential life skills in lifting themselves and their families out of poverty.
- Because of you, we provided learning activities to young girls in Lima who are forced in to domestic work due to poverty. The full day activities are designed to give them the skills and advice they need to make empowering decisions about their future. This little lady attended one of our workshops:
- Girls in Kenya who were forced to drop out of school due to pregnancy and child marriage were given the opportunity to attend the NIGEE Empowerment Centre and gain skills such as tailoring so that they could go on and earn a stable income for themselves and their children.
- The Happy Hugs Guaranteed campaign mobilised men across the world to treat the special woman in their lives to a new pair of Shoes by Shaherazad; the resulting funds enabled Kenyan girls to set up in business allowing them a sustainable future. Just check out this beautiful smile:
- A child born to a mother who can read and write is 50% more likely to survive past the age of 5 years. Sales of our shoes have enabled poverty stricken women in Palestine and Pakistan to gain the funds to travel to school in safety, some of whom travel over 25 miles from their villages to get to school. Hafsa and Sara are learning to read and write:
- Your eye for quality products allowed us to develop and deliver our products in the beautiful country of England. We are proud to support British manufacturing.
Thanks to you and the team at GlobalGiving UK, it is our mission to be empowering girls and women in every country where there is poverty by the year 2030.
We do not need miracles to change the world, we only need each other.
Shoe Empowerment Officer